Anxiously awaiting official job offer while preparing to resign from current position

I received a verbal offer for a new job, but I'm still waiting on the official offer letter. My start date is set for October 19, and I've already submitted my HR paperwork, including direct deposit information. However, the contact person I've been communicating with has not responded to my emails, which is making me anxious. I'm supposed to give my two weeks' notice by Monday, but I'm worried that this new position might not come through, leaving me in a tough spot. Today, I'm planning to call them to confirm that they still want me on board. I'm also considering what else I can do to ensure that this isn't just a ruse. On top of that, I'm feeling uneasy about quitting my current job. My new boss seems to barely tolerate me, and I dread how my last two weeks will unfold. I want to finish up a project, but I'm wondering if it would be better to use my remaining PTO instead of working through the notice period. It's been a long time since I willingly left a job, and I'm feeling pretty terrified about this whole situation.

0 1

Loading comments…

Comments