Navigating Anxiety Over Potential Layoffs and Job Security Concerns

I suspect layoffs are coming at my company, and I'm feeling anxious about my future here. My manager canceled our last one-on-one about a month ago and hasn't scheduled another, which feels like a red flag. I've also noticed a significant decrease in the amount of work on my plate lately. I'm wondering if I could potentially delay my layoff by making it seem like I'm actively looking for another job. Would management consider holding off on layoffs if they thought I might quit soon, especially since it could save them a hefty severance payment of six months? How long could I realistically keep this up before they make a decision? I've seen some comments suggesting that companies generally don't take individual circumstances into account when it comes to layoffs, and that they have their own strategies to handle these situations. It's a tough spot to be in, and I just want to navigate this uncertainty as best as I can.

0 6

Loading comments…

Comments