Navigating Job Uncertainty: Weighing a New Contract Offer from Montreal Against Potential Layoff at

I'm currently navigating a tough situation regarding my spouse's job at CITI. His team is facing a significant transition as their technology is being replaced, and they're merging with another team. This has led to some challenges in communication and collaboration. Recently, his manager informally suggested that he should start looking for jobs outside the company to avoid potential layoff shocks. We're based in the Greater Toronto Area, and he's received a contract offer from a company in Montreal for a year, with a pay rate equivalent to what he's currently earning as a full-time employee. However, this presents a dilemma for us because I work in GTA, meaning he would have to relocate for a contract position. We're weighing the pros and cons of accepting the new job versus waiting for a possible layoff, which might make him eligible for Employment Insurance (EI). But there's a real fear that if we decline this opportunity, he might struggle to find another job after a layoff. With a significant mortgage to consider, the stakes feel incredibly high. Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated as we try to make the best decision for our family.

Company: CITI

Job title: N/A

0 1

Loading comments…

Comments