I received a job offer last Wednesday for a position that I was really excited about. After discussing it with the recruiter, I took some time to review the offer and sent an email the following day to negotiate the salary. However, on Friday, the recruiter informed me that they couldn't increase the offer and needed my decision by 4pm that day. I felt rushed and requested an extension to think it over until Monday morning, but they denied my request. Ultimately, I decided to decline the offer because I wasn't completely sure and didn't want to risk accepting and then backing out later. Now, after reflecting on it over the weekend, I regret my decision. I realize that even though the salary was lower than what I currently make, the role would provide valuable experience in a new area that I'm interested in pursuing. I've been upset about this for the past 24 hours, wishing I could go back and accept the offer. I'm considering reaching out to the recruiter first thing Monday morning to let them know I've had more time to think and would like to accept the offer after all. I know it's unlikely they'll reconsider, but I feel that if I had just a bit more time to think without the pressure of my current job, I would have made a different choice. I'm worried that reaching out might look bad, but I believe I have a genuine reason for my initial decision. I just needed more time to evaluate the offer.
Loading comments…
Comments