I’m currently navigating a pivotal moment in my career as a freelancer/solopreneur. After nearly 10 years of working remotely, I’ve been transitioning into higher-level roles, which has been quite a journey. Recently, I lost two major clients to full-time hires, which pushed me to seek part-time employment. I’ve been interviewing with a large national firm for a part-time position, but they require me to shut down my practice and give up my existing clients. This has led me to consider going full-time with them for the financial stability and experience. However, just as I was deep into the interview process, other part-time opportunities started to emerge, which offer more flexibility and would allow me to maintain my freelance work. I’m feeling a lot of pressure, especially since the national firm seems eager for a commitment. I have a final interview scheduled with their regional director next week, where I’ll need to discuss my long-term goals. On top of this, my financial situation is tight, and I’m actively working on a debt payoff plan. I’m torn between taking what seems like a sure thing with the national firm or holding out for potentially better opportunities that align with my independence and earnings potential. If you were in my shoes, would you take the secure offer or wait for other possibilities?
Loading comments…
Comments