Personal timeline

gorillaspinner's journey

Milestones, reflections, and progress updates connected as your layoff-to-next-step story unfolds.

  1. 2

    I recently started a part-time contract at what feels like my dream company. I was thrilled to get this opportunity, especially since I've been trying to leave my current job for about a year. Although they selected me for the part-time role due to my slightly lesser experience, there’s been talk about the possibility of this contract turning into a full-time position in the future. Just a few days ago, a recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn about a full-time role at the same company. I let them know that I already have a contract there, but they still want to have a conversation with me. I'm torn about whether I should engage with the recruiter or not. It feels a bit strange to go through the hiring process for the contract role while also exploring a full-time opportunity through a recruiter. I’m leaning towards not talking to the recruiter because I don’t want to come off as pushy, especially since I’ve already communicated that my position is currently a contract. However, I can’t help but wonder if having that conversation could be beneficial in the long run. Should I just wait and see how things develop with my contract?

    Job title: part-time contract

    0 1

    Loading comments…

    Comments

  2. 1

    I had a job interview two weeks ago for a position that I was really excited about. The following week, I was invited back to the office to meet the team and discuss the role in more detail. During my visit, I met everyone and had in-depth conversations with the two interviewers I had initially met. I also had my first meeting with the boss, where I shared more about my background and experience. It felt like a strong interaction, and I believe she hinted at offering me the job, mentioning that I seemed like a good fit and that I would receive forms to fill out soon. Now, it's been a few days since that meeting, and while I know it's reasonable to wait, I'm feeling anxious because my current boss is going on vacation for two weeks. I want to confirm the new position before I inform him that I'm leaving, but I don't want to seem pushy by following up too soon. I'm worried that maybe I misinterpreted the conversation or that they might change their mind. I’m considering sending a follow-up email to express my enthusiasm and ask about the timeline for the offer, but I want to make sure I do it in a way that doesn't come off as presumptuous. Any advice on how to approach this would be appreciated!

    0 1

    Loading comments…

    Comments