Personal timeline

las3rschw3rt's journey

Milestones, reflections, and progress updates connected as your layoff-to-next-step story unfolds.

  1. 1

    Today, I found myself in a bit of a dilemma regarding my wife's job search. She has been actively applying for positions and has landed three potential opportunities. Last Friday, she received an offer for a fully remote role (let's call it Job A) that pays about 16% more than her current job. This seems like a solid option. However, she is also expecting another offer today for a different role (Job B) that offers less pay but promises a better work-life balance, and it's fully remote as well. On top of that, she interviewed with a local company on Friday (Job C) where the owners were very impressed with her. They mentioned that the pay would match Job A, and after initially stating it would be in-person only, they opened up the possibility for remote or hybrid work. Unfortunately, we learned today that their hiring process might take another 1-2 weeks, which is a bit frustrating given the tight deadline they initially mentioned. Now, we’re at a crossroads. Should she accept Job A and risk losing it if Job C comes through, or should she wait for Job C's decision, which might not even go in her favor? I’ve never faced a situation like this before, so I’m unsure how to guide her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

    0 1

    Loading comments…

    Comments