I recently completed the interview process for a specialized role in the Cardiac Rhythm division of a major US-based MedTech company at their offshore Global Capability Center (GCC). I was selected by the hiring team, which felt like a huge win after successfully navigating all the technical panels. However, I've been waiting for over a month for my formal offer letter, and it seems to be stuck in limbo. I've reached out to HR multiple times, and they keep saying they need more time as they are waiting for official sign-off from headquarters in the US. I also spoke with the hiring manager, who informed me that there appears to be a broader hiring freeze affecting certain divisions. The good news is that my specific role hasn't been officially cancelled or added to the freeze list, but it’s still in a state of uncertainty. The manager mentioned that there’s no clear timeline on when HQ will respond, which has left me feeling burnt out and frustrated. I really need this job switch to happen, especially since I put in so much effort to stand out among the competition. I'm curious if anyone has insights into how long these kinds of freezes typically last, especially with fiscal Q2 ending soon. Is it common for pending requisitions to get unlocked at the start of Q3? And once a role is selected and awaiting approval, what are the chances that the offer will eventually be released? Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!
Loading comments…
Comments