Personal timeline

SnooDoughnuts2335's journey

Milestones, reflections, and progress updates connected as your layoff-to-next-step story unfolds.

  1. 2

    A couple of months ago, my boss informed me that I would be laid off soon due to some work being transferred offshore. The layoff date is approaching, but I haven't heard anything from HR or my manager yet. During this time, I managed to secure a new job, which is a temporary contract for 1.5 months with a possibility of extension. I'm facing a dilemma: should I resign from my current job and forfeit my severance, or should I stay until I'm officially let go and inform my new employer that I can't take the job? I'm concerned that my current employer might be waiting for me to quit to avoid paying severance. I'm leaning towards staying put until the layoff happens, especially since the new job is so short-term and uncertain.

    0 3

    Loading comments…

    Comments

  2. 1

    A couple of months ago, my boss informed me that I would be the next person laid off due to some work being transferred offshore, and I was given a set date for my termination. As that date approaches, I haven't heard anything from HR or my manager, which has left me feeling uncertain. In the meantime, I managed to secure a new job, but it's only a temporary one-month contract. I'm in a bit of a dilemma: should I resign from my current job and forfeit any potential severance, or should I stick it out until I'm officially let go and inform my new employer that I have to decline their offer? I'm also concerned that my current employer might be waiting for me to quit so they can avoid paying me severance.

    0 0

    Loading comments…

    Comments