Activity type

Planning

Showing the latest activities tagged under this category.

I recently quit my job due to ongoing management issues and a lack of appreciation for my work. It had been building up for a while, and after a particularly frustrating incident, I decided it was time to leave. I know it wasn't the best decision to quit without another job lined up, but I felt confident I would find something quickly. Unfortunately, it's been much longer than I anticipated, and I'm starting to feel really down about it. I've had several interviews, and while some went really well, I've been told I seemed nervous during a few of them. I've been trying to work on that, but now it feels like the callbacks have stopped coming, which is disheartening. I'm based in Denmark, so I’m not sure how unemployment benefits or job market norms compare to other places, but I do feel quite alone in this struggle.

0 2

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently experienced a layoff, and it's been a daunting time. The uncertainty of job security is overwhelming, and I constantly find myself wondering if I’ll be next on the chopping block. This has led me to think about my next steps and whether I even want to pursue another job in the same environment that could put me at risk again. The motivation to keep job hunting is dwindling as I grapple with this fear. I’m curious if anyone else has tried alternative paths like freelancing or developing a SaaS product for passive income. I’m looking for insights on whether these options can provide a more stable income compared to traditional employment. If you've ventured into freelancing or SaaS, what has your experience been like? Did it work out better for you?

0 0

Loading comments…

Comments

I am currently a first-year BCom (Hons) student pursuing ACCA in India. I have no prior work experience, but I am actively looking for online jobs to help support my parents by covering my fees and personal expenses. I am eager to work hard and be as productive as possible. I know I might be aiming high, but I want to give it a shot. I am committed to learning and finding solutions to any challenges that come my way. However, I want to ensure that the job won't require me to work around the clock, as I need to balance my studies and personal responsibilities. Thank you for any guidance or opportunities you can provide.

0 0

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently interviewed for an Executive Assistant position directly supporting the CEO at a company. The interview went well, and the CEO seemed genuinely interested in my background and how I could contribute to the role. We discussed my responsibilities, my career aspirations, and my commitment to the position, but we didn't touch on salary specifics. The CEO mentioned he would ensure an 'appropriate salary' for me to work comfortably. It's now been 5 days since the interview, which translates to 3 business days, and I forgot to ask how long it might take to receive a formal offer. I'm debating whether I should reach out to HR for an update on the offer status or if I should wait a bit longer. Some advice I've seen suggests that it's still early in the process, as they likely need to contact references and finalize details. However, I also feel anxious about the wait and want to ensure I'm not missing out on any necessary follow-ups.

Job title: Executive Assistant

0 3

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently took a position as a shift lead at a new restaurant after losing my previous job as an assistant manager at another restaurant. It's been incredibly stressful because I'm earning $2 less per hour while taking on more responsibilities and dealing with the same level of upper management complaints. The work environment has been tough; I've even gotten sick from cleaning the kitchen and equipment, and I noticed sores on my skin when I got home. Additionally, I'm not getting the hours I was initially promised, and my schedule is inflexible, forcing me to accept whatever shifts I can just to make ends meet. I'm looking for resources to determine if I'm being underpaid, but I'm hesitant to share too much online for safety reasons. If I can't find any useful information, I might consider quitting, as I'm already planning to explore other job opportunities.

Job title: shift lead

0 1

Loading comments…

Comments

It's been a week since my second interview for a role at a large multinational company based in the US, and I'm feeling anxious about when I might hear back. I live in Sydney, and after submitting my CV, I received a call the very next day inviting me for an interview. The same quick turnaround happened after my first interview, so I was hopeful for a similar response this time. I felt good about the interview, and they mentioned I'd be hearing from them soon, but also warned that 'headquarters can be slow.' I'm really eager about this opportunity, and each day of waiting feels like an eternity. I've read that for large companies, it can take two to three weeks to get a decision, especially if it has to go through a hiring committee or if there are public holidays involved. I'm considering sending a follow-up note at the ten-day mark to check in. Fingers crossed!

0 1

Loading comments…

Comments

Today, I visited a small retail store to inquire about job openings. After speaking with the manager, he asked me to come back later with my resume. I’m not sure if this means he intends to interview me when I return, as I often struggle with reading social cues. However, it feels like a positive sign. I plan to prepare for the possibility of an informal interview, and I’ll make sure to bring my resume and arrive during the slower hours of the day, around 2-4 PM. I’m hopeful about this opportunity!

0 7

Loading comments…

Comments

I just started a new job at a warehouse, but I'm really struggling with the logistics of getting there. It's about 30 minutes away, and I need to be there by 6 AM. Since I don't have a car, I rely on my mom to drive me, but she only has off days on Monday and Tuesday, which makes it tough. On those days, she would have to drive an hour and a half just to drop me off and get to her own job on time. The pay is $17 an hour, with the potential to earn $20 if I'm on time every day, and $25 for overtime, but right now, I’m just trying to figure out how to make this work. I have only about $40 to my name, and taking an Uber isn't an option for me. I thought this job would be a good opportunity, but I didn’t consider the transportation issues when I accepted it. I’m feeling really lost and would appreciate any advice on how to navigate this situation. Should I look for public transportation options, or maybe see if I can carpool with a coworker? I’m open to suggestions because I really need this job, but I don’t know how to make it feasible.

Job title: Warehouse Worker

0 6

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently started a new job as a marketing coordinator at a tech company about a month ago. However, I noticed that the same position was advertised on Indeed and LinkedIn just a few days ago after I was hired. This has left me feeling a bit uneasy. I'm considering how to approach my supervisor about this situation. Should I express my concerns or even think about giving my notice? I’m unsure if this is a common issue with job postings or if it indicates something more serious. I’ve received mixed advice from friends and online comments, suggesting that it might just be a glitch in the system or that they could be looking to hire more people for the role. I'm leaning towards discussing it with my manager rather than jumping to conclusions or quitting right away.

Job title: marketing coordinator

0 6

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently received a job offer for a position that is one title below what I initially applied for. During the initial screening with HR, they mentioned the lower title but indicated that there was potential for advancement to the original title. Now that I have the offer, I'm wondering if I should negotiate for the higher title since I believe I have the skills to perform at that level. I'm looking for advice on whether it's reasonable to ask for a title raise at this stage.

0 1

Loading comments…

Comments

I received a formal written job offer today, and I can hardly believe it! After 9 months of job hunting, interviewing, and navigating the challenges of my current middle management role in accounts payable at a large corporation, I finally landed my dream job. This journey has been intense, especially while balancing my responsibilities as a parent to two kids under 2 years old. My current job has been a mixed bag—good benefits and a decent office environment, but the constant pressure and office politics have taken a toll. I felt like I was stuck in a corporate rat race with no way out unless I was part of the 'boys club.' The new job comes with a 25% pay increase, a hybrid work schedule, all government holidays off, plus an additional week off in the summer and another week from Christmas to New Year's. The commute is only 20 minutes from home, and I'm genuinely excited about the industry. I know the job market can be tough, and many are in worse situations than I am. The mental and emotional strain from my current role has been significant, especially as the sole provider for my family amidst rising costs. But I want to encourage others: keep your head up and stay prepared. Update your resume, network, and apply for jobs—even those you might not feel fully qualified for. It's exhausting, but casting a wide net can lead to opportunities. Today, I feel a wave of elation and relief. I bought some champagne to celebrate this milestone, and I can finally envision the quitting fantasy I've been dreaming about for the past year. Cheers to new beginnings!

0 3

Loading comments…

Comments

I am currently in Colorado and my employment contract is coming to an end soon. As I prepare for this transition, I am planning to apply for unemployment insurance benefits to help support myself during my job search. I'm hoping to find new opportunities in my field, but in the meantime, I want to make sure I have a safety net in place.

0 0

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently applied for a job at a company that I was really excited about and went through the first interview process. Unfortunately, I was rejected. However, I just noticed that the exact same position has been advertised again, this time on a different job site. I'm really torn about whether I should apply again or if that would come off as strange. I'm eager to get this role and would love to hear if anyone else has been in a similar situation. I’ve seen some people say they were successful on their second attempt, but others think it might be a waste of time. What should I do?

0 2

Loading comments…

Comments

I was recently laid off from Microsoft on August 21 while on STEM OPT, and my cap-subject H-1B change of status is pending in premium processing with an October 1 start date. I'm reaching out to see if anyone has experienced a similar situation and can offer advice. I'm considering asking Microsoft if they could extend my official employment date by a few weeks or delay withdrawing my H-1B petition. If they refuse, I'm worried about whether a new employer could use this year's H-1B selection or if I'd have to go through the lottery again. Any insights or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Company: Microsoft

Job title: N/A

0 6

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently faced a tough situation with my second job in Georgia. I rely on this job to help cover my bills, but my hours have been drastically reduced, and now I find myself completely off the schedule. It feels like they might be quietly trying to let me go without an official termination. I'm considering whether I can file for unemployment benefits while I search for a new second job to make up for the lost income. I've heard mixed opinions on this; some say that since I still have my full-time job, I likely won't qualify for unemployment benefits in Georgia. It's frustrating trying to navigate this uncertainty.

0 2

Loading comments…

Comments

I was recently laid off from my position after nearly 6 years with the company due to budget cuts. I received about 2 weeks' notice and was offered 4 weeks of severance pay, contingent on signing a separation agreement and waiver of claims. I attempted to negotiate for a higher severance, specifically asking for 12 weeks based on my years of service, but HR informed me that their offer was already an exception to their standard policy. Now, I'm at a crossroads and wondering if I should negotiate again for a middle ground, like 8 weeks, or if I should just accept the 4 weeks and move on. I'm curious if anyone has had success in similar situations or if it's worth the effort to ask again.

0 3

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently wrapped up a role as the sole go-to-market operator at an early-stage AI startup, where I spent the last 1.5 years building the entire revenue engine from scratch. This involved everything from creating signal-based outbound strategies and CRM architecture to developing AI agent workflows using tools like n8n, Claude, OpenAI, Clay, and Apify. I was juggling multiple clients at once—up to five—each with distinct ideal customer profiles. One of my proudest achievements was building a production AI agent that scrapes LinkedIn for leads based on intent signals and job titles, which helped generate over 1 crore in revenue. I also managed to achieve a 7% reply rate on my best email campaign, with all responses being positive. Additionally, I took on the role of interim product manager for an AI outbound platform during my time there. Now, I’m actively searching for new opportunities. I’m looking for a role that offers decent pay, a gym benefit or wellness stipend (this is non-negotiable for me), and a team of founders or managers who are genuinely good people—no late-night messages that masquerade as culture. If anyone knows of startups or remote positions that fit this description, I would love to connect and share my resume. I’m also open to relocation.

0 0

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently faced a setback with my unemployment benefits after being laid off from my position at a university due to budget cuts in May '26. Prior to that, I had worked as a non-contract employee for an Independent School District (ISD) and had decided to leave that role in December '25 to pursue the university opportunity. After my layoff, I applied for a new position at the same ISD, which I was offered, but the job won't start until August. Unfortunately, my benefits were denied because of a 'reasonable assurance' rule, which seems to imply that I am returning to my previous job, even though this is a completely new position requiring new-hire paperwork and orientation. I have an appeal scheduled in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping to argue that my situation is different from the typical cases covered by the rule. I just want to understand how they can deny my benefits when I'm essentially starting fresh at the ISD.

Company: Independent School District

Job title: N/A

0 0

Loading comments…

Comments

I’m currently searching for a 100% remote entry-level position, specifically in industries that are hiring and not focused on sales roles. Commuting is not an option for me, so I’m looking for companies that will hire me without needing to prove myself in person first. I understand that these positions may offer lower income than my previous job, but I’m okay with that. I've been proactive and have cold emailed several firms, but the responses have been mostly defensive or indifferent. It’s frustrating because I can see that there’s a demand for help in their businesses, yet they don’t seem to want to hire. I’m reaching out to see if anyone knows of companies that are actually hiring for remote roles at the entry level. I’ve heard from others that finding remote entry-level jobs is incredibly challenging, and the competition is fierce. I’m trying to figure out how to stand out among so many candidates and what skills I need to highlight. I’ve also been advised to build a tech profile on platforms like Dice to increase my chances, and to consider looking into medical billing companies as potential employers. Any insights or leads would be greatly appreciated!

0 8

Loading comments…

Comments

I'm currently in the interview process for a part-time event coordinator/host/social media manager position at a startup. I submitted my application video at 3am, just hours before the listing closed at 10am, and managed to secure an interview that same day at 4pm. The founder mentioned I was the last candidate he was seeing but liked my video, which was a good start. We had a great conversation, and he said I reminded him of his younger self, which felt like a positive connection. He quickly moved me to the next round after our chat. In the second round, I had to present a rough brainstorm for an event and marketing ideas to sell tickets. I put together a detailed 7-page slideshow with mockup posters. He appreciated my thought process and the logistics I considered. I shared my experience organizing a murder mystery party, which he enjoyed hearing about. He emphasized the importance of commitment and finding someone he enjoys working with. When I asked about the number of candidates, he mentioned there were five but reassured me I was through to the final round. He advised me to think seriously about the role, especially since I’m still in college and the commute is about an hour. I decided to move forward and told him I was happy to continue, planning to ask more questions in the next round. Now, we’re meeting for coffee in two days. I'm feeling excited but also a bit anxious about the outcome. I’m curious about what this coffee meeting might entail and whether it’s a good sign. I’ve been daydreaming about this job, but I don’t want to get my hopes too high. Any advice on how likely I am to land this role?

Job title: part-time event coordinator/host/social media manager

0 0

Loading comments…

Comments