1 month ago
Applied at Hire Talent for warehouse job
Company: Hire Talent
Job title: warehouse job
Loading comments…
Comments
Choose how you want to log this activity.
1 month ago
Applied at Hire Talent for warehouse job
Company: Hire Talent
Job title: warehouse job
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
Applied at Apple for early career EPM role
Company: Apple
Job title: early career EPM role
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I've been working as a temp at my current company for about three years, and while the experience has been good and the pay decent, I'm feeling a bit suspicious about the recent developments. A permanent position opened up again, but I only found out about it because a co-worker who has access to a different channel shared it in our work chat. My line manager suggested I email HR with my CV, but I can't officially apply through the usual channel. What's strange is that the hiring manager hasn't even mentioned this vacancy to us. It feels like they want to fill the position quickly, but hiring me wouldn't actually solve their staffing issues. I'm starting to feel overlooked and am seriously considering not applying at all. It just seems like a waste of time to jump through these hoops, especially when it feels like they were forced to let us know about the opening.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I decided to give my two weeks' notice over text today. I work at a mall retail job, and things have been pretty rough lately. My shifts have been cut significantly because the store isn't making enough money, and I haven't been scheduled regularly. It's frustrating because I've made it clear to my manager that I'm available to work whenever needed, yet I've only been getting shifts sporadically. Just yesterday, I saw my manager posting on her Instagram story looking for new employees, which really rubbed me the wrong way. It feels like they don't value my willingness to work. Since I won’t be visiting the mall much anymore, I felt that texting was the best option to communicate my decision. I sent a message explaining my situation and that I needed to move on as I’m currently training for a new job. It felt a bit awkward, but at this point, I just need to focus on my future.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I had a second interview with a recruiter for a position I really want, and they mentioned that I would hear back in two weeks regarding the hiring decision. I’m trying to gauge if this is a positive sign or not. It seems like they have a lot of candidates to consider since they still need to finish interviews and get corporate approval. I’ve read mixed opinions on this; some say it’s a good sign, while others suggest I should keep looking for other opportunities just in case. I’m feeling a bit anxious but hopeful!
Loading comments…
Comments
I recently received a job offer, which is exciting, but it's conditional on passing a background check. I realized that I misrepresented the start and end dates of my previous roles on my resume. Now I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm considering whether I should correct the dates for the background check and include some freelancing work to fill in the gaps. However, I'm worried that this won't match the resume I submitted to my future employer. I'm feeling anxious about how to handle this situation and would appreciate any advice.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I was laid off from my previous job about 1.5 months ago, and while it was a tough experience, I was lucky enough to secure a new position at a different company with only a 4-day gap between jobs. However, I'm struggling with feelings of paranoia about my new role. I worry that it might also be temporary and that I could face a similar fate as I did before. My new position is similar to my last one, but it's not in the tech industry. I've developed trust issues that are making it hard for me to feel excited about this new opportunity. I find myself constantly checking for updates about the new company, looking for any signs of restructuring or financial instability. During the job offer process, I even dreaded messages from the recruiter, fearing they might cancel the role, which turned out to be just routine confirmations. Has anyone else gone through this? How did you cope with these feelings?
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
Today, I received the news that I was laid off after nearly 30 years at my company. I had just hit retirement age and half-joked in a meeting about being interested in any available packages. I thought I might be able to take advantage of a good offer, especially with the potential for 4 weeks of pay for each year of service, up to two years. But then things changed when they moved me into the union. My boss had been missing our one-on-one meetings for months, which I didn’t mind since I never liked him anyway. When he finally showed up with a woman I didn’t recognize, I knew something was off. I was offered a 12-month severance package or they would look for another position for me. After doing the math, I realized my savings took a hit after my divorce, and I had hoped to work a couple more years to boost my pension and savings. Now, I need to reassess my financial situation, and I visited the bank to reshuffle my portfolio. I think I’ll be okay if I manage my spending wisely, but it’s not the outcome I was hoping for. What really shocked me was my colleague, let’s call him CO, who was in the same position as me. He’s been with the company for about 15 years, going through a divorce, and has two young kids. He can’t afford to take the severance package they offered him. Instead, they found him a new job at a junior level in the same department, which means he’ll be doing the same work for a 45% pay cut. I’m more concerned about his situation than my own. I’m sharing this not just for myself, but to highlight that I’m not the only one affected by this layoff.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I’m currently navigating a tricky situation with two job opportunities. I have one offer and am in the final round for another position. Here’s the breakdown: **Job 1:** This is a 3-month contract role as a 1099 employee, starting on 8/10. It’s hybrid and pays $55/hr for full-time work. However, there’s no guarantee of an extension after the contract ends. **Job 2:** I’ve made it to the final round for a 1-year contract position that has good potential for conversion to a permanent role. This job is also hybrid but pays $48/hr as a W2 employee. The final interview for this position is on the same day as Job 1’s start date. I prefer Job 2, but I’m feeling the pressure since I’ve been job searching for a year. If I don’t get Job 2, I’ll be left without any offer. I’m confident about my performance in the final round, but the uncertainty is stressful. I’m considering taking Job 1 to secure a paycheck while still pursuing Job 2. I’ve received advice suggesting that it’s common to quit a contract if a better opportunity arises. I’m weighing my options and would appreciate any thoughts on how to proceed.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I've been reflecting on my job search journey and why it feels so overwhelming, even when I'm organized and putting in consistent effort. It seems like finding relevant job openings is just one piece of the puzzle. After that, I have to track my applications, remember conversations, follow up at the right times, prepare for interviews, and weigh different opportunities. Sometimes, it’s hard to distinguish between making meaningful progress and just staying busy. I'm curious about where others feel the most friction in this process. For me, the hardest part has been managing the market conditions, which are often out of my control. I’ve also encountered a lot of 'ghost jobs'—those listings that seem to exist just to make companies look good to shareholders. It’s frustrating and makes the search feel even more daunting. I’m trying to find better ways to stay organized, but I often feel like my system falls short. What about you? What strategies are you using to keep track of everything?
Loading comments…
Comments
I'm currently on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) at my job, and I have a strong feeling that I might be let go in August. While it's tough to face this situation, I'm trying to stay positive and make the most of my time before I potentially lose my job. I'm looking for ways to keep myself productive and engaged while I search for my next opportunity, whether that's in my current field or exploring something new like OnlyFans. I've started a to-do list to help me stay focused, but I could really use some more ideas on what to add. I have a feeling that finding a new job might take longer this time around, so I'm trying to prepare myself for that possibility.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my resume as I plan to apply for a new job. I've been working at a company with a terrible reputation since April 2026, and it's become clear to me why. My work history is quite rocky, and I'm feeling overwhelmed about what to include or exclude from my resume. Here’s a breakdown of my work experience: - Assistant at a Line School in El Paso, TX (August 2015 - June 2016) - Internship at Nest Counseling (dismissed from Masters in Counseling Program) in Tucson, AZ (January 2018 - October 2018) - Parent Aide I at Mountain Center for Children and Adolescents (fired) in Phoenix, AZ (September 2019 - August 2020) - Case Aide I at Napkin Transportation (forced to resign) in Phoenix, AZ (August 2020 - January 2022) - Nurturing Parenting Practitioner II at Delay's New Hike (resigned) in Mesa, AZ (January 2022 - April 2023) - Social Work Intern (dismissed from MSW program) in Chandler, AZ (January 2022 - August 2022) - Social Work Intern at Stonebrook Health (dismissed from MSW Program) in Apache Junction, AZ (January 2023 - May 2023) - Cashier at Boes (forced to resign) in Dallas, TX (March 2024 - August 2024) - Fuel Clerk at Skoonie Grocers (fired) in Prosper, TX (January 2025 - August 2025) - Cashier at Carpet's Food and Co (resigned) in Plano, TX (October 2025 - April 2025) - Passenger Service Agent at my current employer in Dallas, TX (April 2025 - Present) I have a bachelor's and a master's degree, but no additional qualifications. I’m aiming for a government job and would like to relocate to California or return to Arizona. I’ve been advised that government jobs require a thorough background check, meaning I’ll need to include my entire employment history. Some jobs only look back 4 to 7 years, so I’m considering how to frame my gaps in employment. Any advice on what to keep or remove from my resume would be greatly appreciated.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I received an email on July 29 from my new job, stating that my starting date was the same day, but it didn't include a specific time. I was really confused because I thought it was just an official hire date, not my actual start date. I assumed I was supposed to show up at some point that day, but I didn't get any further details or a schedule. I reached out to the bookkeeper for clarification, but they haven't responded in three days. This is my first job, and I'm feeling embarrassed and anxious about possibly missing my first day. I even told my family I got the job, and now I'm worried I messed it up. I'm not sure if I should keep trying to contact them or what to do next.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I’m currently navigating a challenging job search after relocating four months ago and being unemployed since then. I have a few years of experience at a well-known mid-sized P&C insurer where I was promoted quickly and had substantial ownership over various projects. I’ve received potential offers from three companies, but I’m torn about which direction to take. **Option 1: Product/Systems Analyst at a small P&C insurer** - **Estimated salary:** $75k–$80k - **Work arrangement:** Remote This role initially seemed like the best fit due to the strong connection I had with the hiring manager and the potential for meaningful ownership. However, the company is undergoing a major restructuring, which raises concerns about my role becoming unclear and possibly leading to being stuck in a systems expert position rather than moving towards product ownership. The flexibility and potential for leadership are appealing, but the vagueness of the role is a significant drawback. **Option 2: Technical Analyst at a mid-sized global P&C insurer** - **Estimated salary:** $85k–$90k - **Work arrangement:** Remote This option offers the highest salary and a strong company name, but the role primarily involves tasks I disliked in my previous job, such as investigating incident tickets and post-implementation testing. Although I would gain professional experience with SQL and Python, the lack of project ownership and mixed connection with the team makes me hesitant. **Option 3: Insurance Analyst at a small life/health insurer** - **Estimated salary:** $70k–$75k - **Work arrangement:** Hybrid, requiring a 45-minute commute three days a week This is my least preferred option due to the commute and the unclear scope of the role. While there’s some potential for technical experience, the overall impression from the interviews was not strong. With three offers on the table, I’m grappling with whether to accept one of these roles or hold out for a position that aligns more closely with my career goals and interests. It’s a tough decision, and I could really use some advice.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I’ve been struggling to find a job in mechanical engineering for over 10 months now. Despite having a degree and more than 4 years of experience, I’ve sent out over 700 applications across 20 states and 10 countries without any success. The job gap is starting to weigh heavily on me, and I’m facing discrimination because of it. At this point, I’m seriously considering going back to grad school, hoping that a master’s degree will finally make me competitive in the job market. However, I have very little faith that I’ll find a job until at least 2031, even with a higher degree. It’s been a tough 15 years of trying to build a career, and I’m starting to wonder if it’s all worth it.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I had a job interview about a week ago for a position in Finance and Accounting. The interview felt really positive; the Controller showed me around the company and mentioned that I was energetic and seemed perfect for a corporate role. He even said he would be the one training me, which made me feel optimistic. However, it's been 8 days since the interview, and despite following up this week, I haven't received any response. He did mention he had a few more candidates to interview, so I'm trying to stay hopeful, but the wait is nerve-wracking. I'm considering moving on to other applications while I wait for an update.
Job title: Finance and Accounting
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I graduated with a degree in 3D Modeling and Digital Animation during the pandemic, which made securing internships impossible. After college, I applied for numerous part-time and full-time internships, but I was consistently rejected because I had already graduated. Fast forward five years, and I've only managed to land two jobs: one in insurance and the other as a supervisor at Publix, where I've been for nearly three years. At 27, I feel like I'm falling behind my peers who are settling down and starting families. My current salary of $45k, while decent, isn't enough to provide the life I want. My dad, who has a long career in banking, has been trying to help me break into that field, but even with his connections, I can only get part-time positions that pay less than my current job and offer no benefits. I feel overwhelmed by the job market, where applying online pits me against thousands of candidates, and in-person visits lead to the same advice: apply online. I'm at a crossroads, wondering if I should pursue a second degree or consider trade school to improve my prospects. I want to work hard and build a stable future, but I'm lost on how to move forward. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
Today, I found out that my partner lost his job unexpectedly due to some complicated circumstances surrounding his company's acquisition. He was working for a company based in New York, and during the acquisition process, the new company sent him an offer letter. Unfortunately, he missed the deadline to sign it because he was flying back from a meeting with them at the time, and the offer expired while he was in transit. To make matters worse, the acquiring company has stated they will not re-issue the offer letter. Now, his original company is winding down operations, and they haven't communicated anything to him about his job status or provided any separation documents. To top it off, they've already revoked his access to his work computer. We live in Colorado, and I’m trying to understand what we need to do to file for unemployment. I've heard that there might be complications with disqualification, and that if they only gave him a few hours to accept the new position, it could help his claim. But if it was only a few weeks, it might hurt it. I’m feeling overwhelmed and unsure about the next steps.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
I recently came across a Junior Software Engineer role for Mercado Libre on LinkedIn that caught my attention. The position is for a mobile app SWE, and it's an Easy Apply opportunity. However, I've noticed some unusual warnings from LinkedIn about this specific job posting potentially being a scam, which is something I haven't encountered with other applications. What raised my concern further is that this job doesn't appear in my job tracker, and LinkedIn mentioned that some postings might be hidden or flagged, leading to discrepancies in job counts. Additionally, I've been communicating with someone identified as the 'hiring manager,' and their replies come within five minutes or less every time I send a message. I'm wondering if these factors are red flags that I should be wary of regarding this application.
Loading comments…
Comments
1 month ago
Today, I found myself in a bit of a pickle regarding my job search. I had applied for several part-time positions and recently interviewed for two roles: one with a hotel management company and another as a sales associate at America's Best. I received an offer from the hotel management company, which is great because it pays well, is conveniently located near my school, and fits my schedule perfectly as a student. However, after I got the hotel offer, I received a call from America's Best asking if I was still interested in the sales associate position. In a moment of confusion, I said yes, thinking it was just a casual conversation. I didn't realize that this meant I had accepted the job. Now, they are moving forward with the onboarding process and expect me to start on Monday. I’m feeling really stuck because while the America's Best offer isn't terrible, it's definitely not as good as the hotel job. I’m contemplating whether to call them and rescind my acceptance, but I feel awkward about having just said yes. I’m looking for advice on how to handle this situation without burning bridges.
Loading comments…
Comments